Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sweet Caroline, good times never seem so good

Well, I'm back from Detroit safe and sound. Notre Dame beat Northern on Friday 2-1; Michigan beat Alaska on Friday 3-1. On Saturday, Northern beat Alaska 2-0 and Notre Dame beat Michigan 5-2.

We watched the NCAA selection show this morning. No surprises. We also went to lunch at Vicente's, which was delicious. I had Pollo al Limon, which was two chicken breasts coated in egg wash and Parmesan cheese, and then topped with lemon sauce and lemon zest. It was served with fried sweet plantains. Yum. We had to find our way to Vicente's, so I used the handy GPS on my iPhone. Because of this, I finally got Sean to admit that my iPhone is useful, and that he was wrong about it being a waste of money. Victory is mine!

Speaking of "yum", I tried one of Arby's new RoastBurgers - the bacon cheddar one - and HOLY CRAP. It was the most delicious fast food sandwich to exist ever. We also ate at Fishbones, which is a "Joe trip" tradition.

It's incredibly fun to call people and say, "We're on a bridge, Charlie!" when going over the Mackinac Bridge.

What really sucked about this weekend didn't actually happen until we were back in the UP today. I realized, as I was listening to "My Sharona" on my pep band mix CD, that I was really done with pep band. This was it. And it's kind of sad. It's so hard to just stop doing something that's been such a big part of my life for so long. Dr. Grugin DID say that I can come back and play anytime, and that if the band goes to the Joe next year I can go with them, which is nice. Even so, though... I feel like so many things in my life are changing so quickly now and it's a bit scary.

Anyway, I should probably go to bed soon. Lots to do this week!

-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. blah blah blah. Skinny jeans rule. :) And I just called them today, so that's cool they got on it so quickly. :) hooray! My goodness, it's coming up soon!!

    ReplyDelete