Alright, so I'm a day late and a dollar (or $220) short, but here it is anyway. Tuesday's adventures, for your reading and my recollecting pleasure.
We started out relatively early Tuesday morning so we could go pick up our New York Passes from Planet Hollywood. We got on one of our "Hop On, Hop Off" City Sights NY double-decker buses and rode it up to the American Museum of Natural History. We wandered around the African Mammal exhibit for a little while, then started one of the tours. When the tour was finished, we wandered around for a while longer (there is just so much to see in there!). We were satisfied after seeing the huge dinosaur exhibits, and left the Museum to go back to the bus. Next stop: the Metropolitan Museum of Art!
After getting off the bus, it was definitely lunchtime. We weren't sure where to eat around the Met, so instead of wandering aimlessly wondering which restaurant was going to be worth whatever money we were going to spend there, we opted for some of the street vendor carts outside the museum (!). Sean had a couple of hot dogs, but not being much of a hot dog fan myself, I decided on the cart next door for a cheeseburger (or, as they spelled it, "hamberger" - they also had a "beef petty" and a "warp sandwich"). The berger was very good in spite of the poor spelling.
By this time it was already mid-afternoon and we were a bit tired, so instead of investigating the Met, we surveyed it. That's what we called it, anyway. Basically, we went inside and walked through the exhibits rather than looking at every individual piece (there were FAR too many for that anyway). Neither Sean nor I are very "into" art, so we were happy with the way we went through the museum. They had some very awesome sculptures in there, and the Egypt exhibit was very cool.
The two museums pretty much wore us out, but it was too early to come back and sit in the hotel room to get ready for dinner, so we hopped back on our bus and finished the Uptown Manhattan tour. We decided we didn't feel like walking around, so we hopped on the Downtown Manhattan tour and rode around the loop until that tour was finished.
When we got back to the hotel, we met up with my Big Brother Chrissy, and we went to an early dinner at a place on 9th Avenue (don't ask me to remember what it was called... I didn't even know the name of it while we were there!). Sean and I just had salads, since we had (very) late dinner reservations at the Babbo Ristorante in Greenwich Village.
We got back to the hotel and got ready for dinner, then hailed a cab and set out on our way. Dinner was amazing, and the bill was large ($220, with the tip), but it was totally worth it for the experience, and the food was also very good. I had a baby aragula salad (appetizer), goat cheese tortallini (first course), rabbit (second course), and a sampling of various gelatti and sorbetti (dessert), as well as a very good glass of wine (yes, I actually had a wine that I enjoyed! I didn't drink the whole glass, and I have no idea what it was called). The gelatti and sorbetti were so delicious. Two different sorbetti: green apple and apricot, which tasted like I was biting into the actual fruit. It was so bizarre. The gelatti flavors were olive oil (surprisingly very good), some kind of spiced something (which I can't remember, also very good), espresso, and chocolate. SO GOOD. Sean had lamb's tongue (appetizer), beef cheek ravioli (first course), a whole fish of some sort (second course; I think it was a type of bass), and maple cheesecake (dessert), all of which I tried and they were also very good.
Since our reservation at Babbo wasn't until 10:45pm, we didn't get back to the hotel until very late. We got all of yesterday's pictures up on our website last night, and that was about it. It was around 1:30am by the time we shut the lights off and went to sleep.
The alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, and it was a very busy day on not very much sleep. I may write today's blog in the morning (I'm sleeping in!), and I'll upload our pictures in the morning as well. If you want to look at yesterday's pictures, go to http://karstenwedding.shutterfly.com and click "NYC Honeymoon, Day Two".
Sadly, I'm just too tired to add pictures to this blog right now, but I may go in and add them later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment